Read full digital copies of your favorite magazines on a computer, tablet, smartphone, or mobile device.
How does it work?
How does it work?
- You’ll need your County of Los Angeles Public Library card & a computer or device with internet access (data rates may apply when downloading to a smartphone or device)
- Using the library’s free Zinio magazine service requires the creation of two accounts - a Library Zinio account to view the County Library’s collection and a free Zinio.com account to read magazines online or via the Zinio app on your mobile device. Follow these steps below to create both accounts. (We recommend using the same email & password.)
- Go to the http://bit.ly/BonhamZinio to create your account.
- Enter your library card number.
- Enter your name, email and create a password. You will receive a welcome email to confirm your account.
- Begin browsing the Library Zinio magazine collection.
- Browse the library’s collection and click a cover to check out a magazine.
- First-time users must enter an email address and password to create a free Zinio.com account (for your next visit, click on SIGN IN HERE).
- In your Zinio.com account, click on YOUR LIBRARY to read the magazines you have checked out.
- Visit your device’s app store to download and install the free Zinio app for Apple iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, Blackberry, Windows 8,PC, or Mac.
Note: Use the Zinio app only to read your magazines. Browse and check out magazines using a Web browser & your Library Zinio account.
- Read your magazines using your computer browser or the Zinio Reader app on your tablet, smartphone, or mobile device. For optimal viewing, we recommend using the free Zinio Reader App. Depending on your device, click on READ or a book icon to read your magazines.
- Using a web browser on your computer or device, return to your Library Zinio Collection at colapublib.org/zinio to check out additional magazines. Note: You cannot check out magazines from Zinio.com or the Zinio Reader App.
- Note: Zinio.com is a commercial website and will have advertisements for magazines not offered by the Library, as well as more adult content. Go to ACCOUNT SETTINGS to stop receiving unwanted sample magazines, emails from Zinio.com, or to block adult content.
- To edit your collection to remove magazines, connect to your Zinio.com account. Click YOUR LIBRARY at the top of the browser page. Click EDIT YOUR READING LIST. Use the dropdown arrows to select the title you wish to cancel. Click the red X button to remove, then click DONE.
- What magazines are available? How many can I check out? Over 100 titles are available from your library. Please see our list below. You can check out as many magazines as you wish.
- How can I read old copies? Only the current title is available in Zinio.
- Why doesn't the library subscribe to Sports Illustrated, People, Vogue, or Consumer Reports? We would love to offer all the magazines you want, but some popular titles are not available via Zinio.
- Can I read the magazine on both my computer and iPad? Yes, you can download the magazine in a number of formats including the computer, iPad, Android tablet, & smartphone.
- Why didn't I get the next copy of the magazine when it became available? You need to return to the Library’s Zinio website to check out the next issue of the magazine.
- How long do I get to keep the magazine? Do I need to return the magazines? You keep the magazine until you delete it from your computer or device. You do not need to return the magazine.
- How do I download the Zinio app for the Kindle Fire? Please follow these instructions from Zinio for Kindle Fire users.